Bob Marley Drawing



Bob Marley Drawing

Drawing Bob Marley was something I wanted to do for so long now, as a big fan of the legend of course and also because he's the first person who inspired me to start my dreadlocks journey. It all started when I was 7-8 years old when my older brother used to listen to Bob Marley and the wailers and had a big poster of him. The look of his dreadlocks was fascinating to me, I didn't knew at the time what was it or what is it called or how it's done, I just wanted the same look. and also I must say from that point I really started being a fan of reggae music.

Watch the Bob Marley pencil speed drawing video I made below
Short version (44 seconds):
 
Longer version (3 minutes):

Back to the portrait drawing of Bob Marley, as I said I wanted to draw for so long but his natty dreads made me keep delaying it, because I knew it will take too long to draw, there are too many details. But this time I made up my mind, I had to do it.
Used about four pencils, a lighter pencil 2H, a darker one 2B, a very dark pencil 9B and a very sharp one for the small details. an eraser of course and a paper blending stick.
The drawing took me about 4 days, yes 4 days and a lot of energy and focus, that's because I wanted it to be one of my best Artworks and Also like I said, it has so many details. 
Started by drawing the guidelines then just like I always do, drawing eyes and eyebrows, then the nose, and then the mouth (lips, teeth, mustache) the beard wasn't hard for me to draw, the clothes too even if they needed good shading and adding value. The real challenge was drawing the natty dreadlocks, and the afro frizzy hair at the top and Bob Marley's head. It didn't help that the dreads are of different shapes and sizes and also degree of darkness.. But I think I did a good job, I'm liking the outcome.

And of course I wouldn't miss taking a video of me drawing Bob Marley, I did the mistake of not taping myself drawing Tupac and will not do it again whenever I'm drawing a celebrity or a public figure. I have checked some speed drawing videos of Bob Marley on youtube and frankly Only two or three of them were well made, so it was a good idea to add my own speed drawing video.
Until now I haven't actually drawn many celebrities and famous people, of I could say that the infamous people I drew are actually more than the celebrities and famous people I drew.
I hope you like this speed drawing video of Bob Marley, if you do I would appreciate a like and share and why not subscribe, thank you!

Bob Marley (from wikipedia)
Robert Nesta "Bob" Marley, OM (6 February 1945 – 11 May 1981) was a Jamaican reggae singer, songwriter, musician, and guitarist who achieved international fame and acclaim.
Powered by Blogger.